SHADEFIN – SHADOW IN SECONDS
Add an extra layer of sun protection with ShadeFin by TACO Marine – a new product that easily attaches into rod holders, tops and gunnels for convenient, portable shade for almost any boat.
ShadeFin’s ocean-inspired design provides expanded shade coverage for multiple areas of the boat, including fore, aft and sides of tops or anywhere there is a rod holder. ShadeFin’s fabric provides an excellent UPF 50+ rating of sun protection while boating and fishing, or when relaxing at the dock and sand bar.
SHADE FOR ALL ACTIVITIES
To anticipate the needs of many boaters, ShadeFin pairs with either a Fixed or Adjustable Rod Holder Mount, which insert into any standard T-top rod holder or into a gunnel rod holder with an adapter, a Hardtop Bracket Mount, the Grand Slam 170 Outrigger or 170-2 Center Rigger Mounts, or with a Fixed or Adjustable Clamp-On Mount for pipe or tube. ShadeFin also works with a Telescopic Rod Holder Accessory for extended coverage right from the gunnel. ShadeFin’s body houses the ribs and material and is offered in black or white.
PROTECTIVE MESH STORAGE SLEEVE
A protective mesh storage sleeve comes standard with the 12-pound ShadeFin. To operate ShadeFin, remove the sleeve, mount to a desired location onboard and activate the underside release tabs. Structural ribs attached to weather-resistant sun-protecting fabric expand out from the body to lock the fin in place.
IDEAL BOAT SIZE & TYPE
Ideal for center consoles from 25’ to 35’ with a hardtop or T-top and Rod Holder Mount options. Ideal for bay boats and skiffs from 16’ to 28’ when using the Telescopic Rod Holder Accessory in the gunnel or console rod holders.
Features and Benefits
- Patent No. 10,604,214; 11,220,312
- Light, compact and portable
- Easily mounts into any standard T-top rod holder or into a gunnel rod holder with an adapter
- Comes with a Fixed Rod Holder Mount
- Adjustable Rod Holder Mount options available
- Clamp-On Mount options available for 3/4” to 1” Schedule-40 pipe and 1-1/4" O.D. tube
- Large coverage area of 5’ W X 6’ L
- ShadeFin's fabric is high-quality WeatherMax 3D
- UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) rating of 50+ (“Excellent” rating)
- Made of high-quality anodized aluminum parts
- 1-year limited warranty